15 Interesting Computer Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
Today, the computer has become a very important part of our daily life. The machine has changed our lives in many ways. Talking about computers, you would find that there are a lot of interesting facts that will blow your mind.
The 15 interesting facts about the computer
- ENIAC is the first electronic computer that weighed more than 27 tons and took up 1800 square feet.
- Do you know that it is just 10% of the world’s currency that is physical money and the rest exists on computers?
- The longest word that you can write using the letters on one row of the keyboard of your computer is TYPEWRITER.
- The first computer mouse was invented by Doug Engelbart in around 1964 and it was made of wood.
- Do you know that there are more than 5000 new computer viruses that are released every month?
- It is around 50% of all Wikipedia vandalism that is caught by a single computer program and that comes with more than 90% accuracy.
- For eight years the password for the computer controls of nuclear-tipped missiles of the U.S was 00000000.
- Around 70% of the virus writers assumed to work under the contract for organized crime syndicates.
- Do you know that an average person normally blinks 20 times a minute, but while using a computer he/she blinks only 7 times a minute?
- Bill Gates house was designed using a Macintosh computer.
- The first hard disk drive was made in 1979, and it could hold the only 5MB of data.
- The first 1GB hard disk drive was announced in the year 1980 and it weighed about 550 pounds and had a price tag of $40,000.
- The original name of windows was Interface Manager.
- The first microprocessor was created by Intel and it was 4004.
- IBM 5120 from 1980 was the heaviest desktop computer ever made. The weight of these desktops is about 105 pounds excluding the 130 pounds external floppy drive.
The Bottom Line: I hope you will enjoy reading all the above-mentioned computer facts.